Tooth extraction is the PAINLESS removal of a tooth or tooth root.
Common reasons for removing teeth are:
- Severely decayed teeth that cannot be saved
- Badly broken/fractured teeth
- Teeth severely affected by gum disease
- To create space for orthodontic purpose
- Wisdom teeth that have failed to erupt completely
Advantages of tooth extraction at Dr. Khosla’s Dental clinic:
- Quick painless tooth removal
- Complete asepsis
- International standards of infection control
- Affordable rates
Wisdom teeth, or third molars, do not always erupt properly. They may be partially or completely covered by gums or bone. Difficulty in brushing may lead to accumulation of food and bacteria between the tooth and gum flap. This may lead to infection/ inflammation which cause a painful condition called PERICORONITIS.
Antibiotics and painkillers are given as a first line of treatment. If symptoms do not subside, removal of the wisdom tooth may be required. The removal of a wisdom tooth requires a SURGICAL EXTRACTION. This may require cutting gum and drilling bone.
It is very important to choose a skilled surgeon for the removal of wisdom teeth. At Dr. Khosla’s Clinic we have highly skilled dental surgeons who have received special training. They will ensure that the removal of your wisdom teeth is a pain-free, smooth experience.